Sunday 25 March 2018

THE ALMIGHTY SIR JASON

Sir Jason during the World Teacher's day.
Photo by Angel Kyle Calma
 Asianistas scream as they hear his incredible accent. They shout as they see his amazing dancing. And they also stay silent as he enters as that English teacher to the room full of students waiting and wanting to learn from him.
That’s just how every weekday with Sir Jason Isaac Rabi III goes.
       If I had a schedule like his, I would probably be lying in my death bed. But what amazes me the most is that he is able to fit all of these in his busy schedule. He considers his busy schedule as a challenge. He enjoys it. “Life is fun and challenging. In this generation, one should have a diverse set of skills to cope up with the dynamic society and industry. Life has been filled with challenges I was able to cope up with the skills I honed and honing.” He said. He always enjoyed a challenge he can compete with in his life. It spices everything up and makes it a little bit difficult but at the same time, it is also fun.
He is one talented soul. He is one of a kind. We all know him for his dancing, public speaking, and as our fun teacher but that is not all. He also enjoys mountain trekking at Candulawan or any fund raising activities that involves trekking, also biking at Awihao, Toledo City and cycling at Toledo to Pinamungajan. He also choreographs dances, mixes music, and do voice overs. He usually does these for school activities or when he helps out friends outside of the campus. He is also very fond of watching documentaries (ranging from Ecology to Astronomy science) and sleeping. Despite his busy schedule, he tries to do it all and fit them all in. But usually, the sleeping part is what he frequently does. I mean, who doesn’t?
          Behind all these successes, he doesn’t consider himself successful. “I don’t really consider myself successful. If I do, I will plateau.” he said. He challenges himself to be the best he can be. He also doesn’t consider himself inspired, he calls it being driven. “I don’t consider myself being inspired, but I see myself as driven to continuous growth. I’m never satisfied with myself or sometimes, the outcome of my work. I see points of improvement and work on it for my growth, so I can facilitate such growth to the learners.” he added.
         He is one person who is always finding ways to improve himself. It amazes me because some people gets tired and lazy to improve and just gets contented of what they are right now. In that way, you won’t be able to see the best version of yourself. All the things he’s doing is not just for himself. As a teacher, he also does these for his students. He makes it as a guide, an inspiration to all his students. “Learning is a never ending quest.” they say. And even to the infamous, Sir Jason Rabi III, it applies. There is always room for improvements. Better is not enough, you’ll have to be the best you can be.
Everyone has his or her own ways. Everyone has different challenges. We all have our ups and downs. Some people give up. Some people don’t. We all should not give. Like Sir Jason, he takes challenges as fun. Those challenges are like the icing on top of the cake. It spices everything up. It’s no fun having to do the same thing again and again. Maybe a little challenge will do the work. Challenge yourself so that you can be the best version of yourself. 

-Kaye Abellanosa
Introduction to Journalism
Elective English 8
SY 2017 - 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginintuang hakbang ng ACT!

CLICK TO SEE MORE PHOTOS