Wednesday 16 December 2015

LISA by Leandra Lee Lopez

As years passed by, my sister was the talk of the town. I didn't know what to feel or act at all. Whispers are the source of sound that I would constantly hear. Nobody wanted to be friends with me. I am a loner, it's depressing to say the least but I'll manage. It's my last year in high school then hopefully I can leave this place for good.

Science class is my least favorite subject and basically, it sucks because nobody wanted to help me so I have to deal with this all on my own. Until, a tall looking guy sat beside me and offered to help. It shocked me to my bones because it has been years since someone payed attention to me. "Hey, I'm Martin. I've noticed that you have a hard time with the subject matter. I'm just wondering if you wanted any help?" The answer is yes, why not? Someone wanted to be friends with me and maybe, just maybe... I can finally find happiness and friendship. Martin is nice, cute and really down to earth. It's sad to know that he'll leave one day, but I'm going to treasure the days that I have left with him. I'm going to make the most out of it. Every day, Martin visits me every after class. He walks with me to my locker and talks about how my day went and sometimes he cracks jokes that mostly does not really make a lot of sense at all. People would always glance at us and even give Martin looks as if questioning why he's even hanging out with me. Well, he never really cared about them. He says that they are just jealous because they can never have a cool and beautiful friend like me. I'm getting attached, I'm not gonna lie. 

It's been a while since I've thought about my sister and it's making me feel a tad guilty because I haven't visited her since Martin came. The death of my sister, Monnalisa was a shock to the town. Basically, my sister was a Golden girl. Everyone adored her; girls envy her. Monnalisa was the type of girl whom every teacher loved. She was beautiful inside and out. She never really had a problem with anyone, but then one day she just disappeared. Everyone was looking for her. My mom, my dad, her friends... everyone. Until someone tipped the police anonymously that her body was seen afloat the Riverside lake. Nobody knew what really happened to her. But according to the forensics investigation she was raped and then tossed her out of the lake.

We never found her justice. There wasn't any suspect or witness. Nor were there evidences. However, there was always a red rose on her grave. Every single day, there was one. It was weird because her death happened years ago. It was a mystery. At first, I thought it was a secret admirer who loved her but as months passed, I knew it wasn't and this was getting serious.

I didn't tell anyone about this. Not even my family. I wanted to solve this case. Who sent those flowers... everything. Martin is a distraction and it's making my head hurt. I didn't know whom to choose. My sister who is now laying in the past or Martin who makes me happy now. I thought about this for days, and decided to choose Martin and let go of the past. I hang around with Martin, through day and night. We would watch movies in his house and eat around gummy worms. He would even steal kisses that would make my heart flutter. I don't know what we are but I obviously like him and I think he feels the same way too. We do this every single day and I feel like I'm literally floating on cloud nine. He told me about his family and his friends and I liked it a lot.

For once I've thought about my sister and decided to visit her. I turned down our movie night and told him that I have an important matter to attend to. He understands and told me to text him when I arrive home. When I arrived at my sister's grave, I talked and told her about my life. How happy I have become. How thankful I am that Martin have become a part of my life and he make me feel complete. I heard footsteps coming and quickly hid between a tree. What I saw made me loose my breath. Martin himself is standing in front of the grave, holding a piece of red rose in his hand. My body felt numb and I didn't know what to feel. When I was about to call his name, I stopped and listened as to what he had said:

"Lisa, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I regretted everything that I have done. I loved you since the very first time I saw you. You are my everything until I met your sister. I know that this is out of the line but I hope you understand. I met your sister. I know that this is out of the line but I hope you understand. Your sister is depressed ever since you were gone and as payment to what I have done to you, I'm making her happy. I love you Lisa, see you again tomorrow." 

I was shocked and I felt anger surged through me."What do you mean, Martin?" Martin stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. Tears welled up his eyes. He's sobbing now. I wanted to comfort him but I can't. Monnalisa needs her peace. "I killed your sister, I'm sorry."

I breathed in, knelt down and hugged my sister's grave. I can't believe that I broke my walls and fell in love with my sister's killer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ginintuang hakbang ng ACT!

CLICK TO SEE MORE PHOTOS